As I’m not going to be near the current desktop PC for a while, I decided to build up the bits I have incoming into a proper PC here. It’s still a bit of a behemoth, so I think I should continue with that name for this instance.
- AMD Ryzen 9 3900x; 12C/24T 3.8-4.6 GHz, 70Mb cache
- 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3600 CL22 RGB
- Corsair H115i Pro 2x140mm AIO closed-loop watercooler
- Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard
- Asus RTX 2080 DUAL O8G EVO graphics card
- Corsair Force MP510 960Gb NVMe SSD
- Corsair HX1200i PSU with red/black Cablemod Pro cables
- Asus ROG Strix XG32VQR 1440p 144Hz 32″ monitor
Accidentally a complete Asus-Corsair build. Further additions to come:
- (From the current desktop build being upgraded from)
- 240Gb Sandisk SSD
- 480Gb Samsung 860 Evo SSD
- 2x 6Tb WD Black spinning rust drives, software RAID1.
- DVD/RW Sata optical drive
- (upgrade enhancements)
- 2x16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3600 RGB to total 48Gb
- Asus BD-Ray burner optical drive.
- Addressable RGB LED strips to illuminate the case internally
- Asus Xonar DX soundcard or, possibly a USB 5.1 sound card.
The build appears to be a very stealthy one so far, with all of the components being black with dark grey accents – well at least when any RGB is switched off! It’ll be very interesting to see how I can hide the RGB strips to ensure best illumination without seeing the LEDs. I’ll be going for red lighting anyway.
E5-1680v2 current setup benchmarks via RDP connection:
- CPUMark 10693 (65%)
- MemoryMark 1956 (32%)
- DiskMark 3626 (50%)
- 2dMark 553 (53%)
- PassMark 3975 (partial)