If I were building a new trail bike, what would I have? Well, it would be replacing the Reign X1 that I currently use as my XC bike. Any new bike will have to be light, full suspension, and able to handle my riding inaccuracies..
So far with a quick look around at what’s out there, this is what I’ve come up with.
- Santa Cruz Bronson V2 CC frame.
- Fox 36 Talas 160 forks
- Fox Float X shock
- XT groupset, 2×10 (or XTR Di2 if it’s more affordable)
- SLX or XT brakes (200/160)
- Enve 27.5 m60 wheels, Shimano hubs
- 760mm bars
- tubeless setup.
- Same WTB saddle as on Reign.
- Shimano SPD pedals.
Costly maybe, but it’s a dream bike. Maybe about 12kg all-in and strong enough to handle my waywardness on the trails, and my clumsiness!
Won’t happen unless I win a lottery type of situation, but nice to dream.